IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE PRICE!
As a caring pet parent, it is important to see through clever marketing ploys when choosing a cat or kitten food for your kitty. Your cat eats the same food every day and the brand you feed is your cat's main source of nutrition and vital to a long and healthy life.
We like to think that all pet food manufacturers have your cat’s best interests in mind but this is not always the case. Some manufacturers use ingredients that you would never knowingly feed your cat. In fact, you may be shocked to learn what some brands of cat food really contain. Not to mention how many brands have been repeat offenders with recalls over the years.
Life’s Abundance All Life Stage Cat and Kitten Food is veterinarian-formulated with safe and wholesome ingredients. Life's Abundance cat and kitten food include a blend of vitamins and minerals, high-quality proteins, whole grains, an antioxidant system, green foods, omega fatty acids, calcium and phosophorus for healthy teeth and strong bones and dietary fiber to help maintain a healthy digestive tract. Life’s Abundance contains no artificial flavors or colors and there’s no corn, corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten.
- Life's Abundance is a small company comprised almost entirely of pet parents and we are dedicated to improving the health and happiness of companion animals.
- Life's Abundance product formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks, DVM, is one of the nation’s leading holistic veterinarians.
- Every single ingredient in every single product is chosen based on its quality and safety.
- Life's Abundance never uses artificial colors or flavors and never use corn, corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten.
- Life’s Abundance is cooked to perfection to help retain its high nutritional value.
- Life's Abundance food is delivered to your door generally within six weeks of being made. Some store-bought pet food could be anywhere from six months to one year old and sits in hot warehouses for months.
- Life's Abundance is cooked in small batches.
- Life's Abundance believes in giving back and created The Dr. Jane Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting a variety of animal rescue groups, all of which are dedicated to helping to rescue neglected and unwanted animals in the U.S. Every purchase helps to support the important work of this extraordinary foundation, devoted to helping these animals find homes and lead happier lives. It’s just one more reason to feel good about purchasing Life’s Abundance products.
While the first five ingredients play a significant role in the nutritional make-up of your cat’s food, every single ingredient is important. Each and every ingredient in Life’s Abundance food is carefully chosen to work with all the others to supply your companion animal with a highly nutritious and perfectly balanced meal every day, every year over a lifetime.
HIGH-QUALITY PROTEINS – Proteins are the building blocks of all living organisms. Protein is essential for all bodily functions including those of the brain, heart, skin, skeleton and many others. Life’s Abundance cat food contains at least 33% of high-quality protein. Look for identifiable animal proteins such as "chicken meal" rather generic terms like "poultry meal," which can consist of any fowl (turkey, chicken, geese, etc.).
CHICKEN MEAL -- Some foods contain chicken meat or chicken parts, which naturally hold a fair amount of water. We prefer to use chicken meal because most of the water has been removed, which makes it a concentrated source of protein. This means that there is a greater “protein content” in one pound of chicken meal versus one pound of chicken meat. That’s why high-quality chicken meal is a key ingredient in Life’s Abundance foods.
WHOLE GRAINS- Whole grains are an excellent source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, zinc and other essential minerals. They also provide the kind of carbohydrates that deliver sustained energy to your cat. We include the natural goodness of Ground Brown Rice in Life’s Abundance cat food.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS– The proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals in Life’s Abundance foods was carefully selected to work in concert with all of the other ingredients to enhance the overall nutritional value of the food.
ANTIOXIDANT SYSTEM – Among other nutrients, our antioxidant system includes vitamins A, C and E.
CHICKEN FAT - We believe the primary fat source in cat food should be animal based because these fats contain a profile of fatty acids that are easily metabolized and generally more available to the body. Animal fats can vary in quality, so look for a species-specific fat like “chicken fat” (versus “animal fat”) to be certain of the kind of fat your cat is eating.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS FROM FISH OIL - Omega-3 fatty acids are some of the most extensively researched natural nutritional ingredients in the world. Among its many health benefits, the omega-3’s in Life’s Abundance help support healthy skin and a shiny coat. We also included flaxseed meal for its outstanding nutritional profile and its contribution to healthy skin and coat.
DIETARY FIBER - Fiber is required in every diet to maintain healthy intestinal tract and good nutrient absorption.
“GREEN FOODS” – DOG GRASS GRASS - Dog grass contains many nutrients that cats crave … that’s instinct at its best! When cats in the wild consumed their prey, the intestinal tract contained grass and this grass provided necessary fiber and phytonutrients.
“GREEN FOODS” - ALFALFA SPROUTS - Alfalfa sprouts contain an abundance of highly active antioxidants, phytochemicals, enzymes, trace minerals and numerous other living nutrients, which work to support good health and promote proper assimilation of foods.
PROBIOTICS - These ingredients are similar to those found in supermarket yogurts. Probiotics help support healthy immune and digestive systems.