O.M.G. Delish! These have become our obsession snack. I seriously wait for one each day and I have to say one because I could eat the whole pan easily. I knew from the minute I had mixed together the "batter" these were going to be delicious.
We're in Arizona so we don't use our oven much and while I'd love to bake, there is no way I'm heating up the house to do it. No bake bars are quick and you don't have to wait for the oven to heat up, bake and then wait for the cool down.
What you do have to wait for is them to freeze. I may or may not tested the "batter" quite often before it went into the pan and freezer. I think you'll find yourself doing this too.
We chose Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein for this recipe because of it's many qualities. It's a high quality protein and creates a lightness to the bars. I've had other no bake bars that contained whey protein and they always seemed heavy or gritty. The vanilla plant protein is the perfect option! Smooth and silky.
Life's Abundance Plant Proteins are non-GMO, vegan, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, grain free, and contain no added sugars, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
No Bake Coconut Oatmeal Banana Protein Bars
- 2 c. old fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 c. Sunbutter
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil
- 3 scoops Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder
- 2 large ripe bananas
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a sturdy spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Scrape mixture into a 9x9 pan and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve. Wrap remaining bars in foil individually or keep in pan.
Makes 16-25 bars depending on how big you cut them. We do 5 rows of 5 and are a nice snackie size.
- Our coconut oil was semi-melted since it is around 75 in our house. That was enough to easily mix because it quickly turns into a liquid.
- Cut your bars after 30 minutes so they are easy to cut because they will become harder.
- If you'd like thicker bars, use an 8x8 pan.
- We wrapped our bars individually and take them out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before eating so they soften a little. Whether you wrap them individually or keep them in the pan, be sure to keep this in the freezer.
- You can also top your bars with additional coconut flakes.
We can't wait for you to try these and are excited for you to try Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein!
Life's Abundance currently has 6 warehouses to make shipping to you as quick as possible and carries products for you and your pets.
Enjoy your day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek