It's everything pumpkin time but this delicious smoothie can be made year-round and put your mind right back into this wonderful time of year!
It's important to note that this recipe uses canned pumpkin puree. This is NOT the canned pumpkin used for pumpkin pies. There are a lot of great organic pumpkin puree choices out there and my rule of thumb is if it has a picture of a pumpkin pie, pass it by. Not saying there aren't pumpkin puree cans with that picture, but many are the canned pumpkin for pumpkin pie recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree (we use this kind because it is low sugar and no added salt)
- 2 c. coconut milk (of milk of your choice)
- 1 frozen banana (if you use the bagged kinds, just grab a large handful)
- 1 scoop vanilla plant protein powder (we use this kind)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 c. quick cooking oats (we use these gluten free oats)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 ice cubes
- Add the milk first to your blender.
- Add everything else.
- Blend 30-60 seconds until smooth.
We selected Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder for this recipe. We chose this because it's a smooth protein powder that blends easily. It's GMO free, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, grain free, vegan and has no added sugar, artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. We use it every morning in our smoothie.
Looking for more recipes using our Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder? These No Bake Coconut Oatmeal Banana Protein Bars are da bomb! They are super addicting and we've had one every day since we made the recipe the first time. How about Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes? Grab the recipe here.
If you're in a smoothie slump (it happens to all of us), here's 23 recipes to shake things up!
Life's Abundance currently has 6 warehouses to make shipping to you as quick as possible and carries products for you and your pets.
Enjoy your day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek