Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe
We've made these several times already and love them. They are super easy to make and this batch makes about 7 three to four inch diameter pancakes. I like it because I can put 2 in the pan each time.
They cook pretty quickly on medium high and be sure to let the first side completely gel before flipping. I added a little olive oil each time I added 2 new pancakes to the pan. It also crisps the pancakes a little which we liked.
Instead of stirring by hand, I added all the ingredients to the blender to mix. Then let the batter sit for about 2 minutes while the pan heated up.
As I mentioned in my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe, we use organic canned pumpkin puree. Be sure not to grab the cans of pumpkin that are specifically for pumpkin pies.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
- 1 c. quick cooking oats (you can use gluten free quick cooking oats too)
- 1/4 c. plus 1/8 c. canned pumpkin puree (we use this kind)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla plant protein powder (we use this kind)
- 1 c. plant based milk of your choice (unsweetened almond or coconut works great)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8 c. honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add milk and the rest of the ingredients to the blender. Blend until mixed.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes
- Heat pan on medium-high.
- Add about a teaspoon of olive olive (more if needed) each time you add 2 pancakes to the pan.
Top with honey, maple syrup, walnuts, coconut flakes or berries. Enjoy!
We selected Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder for this recipe. We chose this because it's a smooth protein powder that blends easily. It's GMO free, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, grain free, vegan and has no added sugar, artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. We use it every morning in our smoothie.
Looking for more recipes using our Life's Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein Powder? These No Bake Coconut Oatmeal Banana Protein Bars are delish! Keep them in the freezer and pull them out when you are ready to eat.
If you're in a smoothie slump (it happens to all of us), here's 23 recipes to shake things up!
Want more pumpkin in your life? Yes, because who doesn't? Here's our delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe!
Enjoy your day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.